Love & Olives by Jenna Evans Welch
In the vein of Mamma Mia and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, LOVE & OLIVES (S&S BFYR | On Sale 11/10/20) is the tale of a teen girl finding romance while trying to reconnect with her absent father in beautiful Santorini, Greece.
Liv Varanakis doesn’t have many fond memories of her father who fled to Greece when she was only eight. What Liv does remember, though, is their shared love for Greek myths and the lost city of Atlantis. So, when Liv suddenly receives a postcard from her father inviting Liv to fly out to Greece to help him with a documentary about his theories on Atlantis, Liv jumps at the opportunity.
But when Liv sees her father for the first time in years, so many questions and emotions flood to the surface. Liv doesn’t want their past to get in the way of a possible reconciliation, and she also definitely doesn’t want Theo—her father’s charismatic “protégé”—to witness her struggle.
So, Liv dives into all that Santorini has to offer—the beautiful sunsets, the turquoise water, the hidden caves, and, of course, the delicious cuisine. But not everything on the Greek island is as idyllic as it seems, as Liv discovers her father may not have invited her to Greece for Atlantis, but rather for something much more important.
The perfect companion to Love & Gelato and Love & Luck, LOVE & OLIVES is both a heart-warming romance and a touching family story, set in a breathtaking Santorini summer
Simon & Schuster BFYR ♦ November 10, 2020 ♦ ISBN: 9781534448834 ♦ $18.99 ♦ Ages 12+
- Captivating setting: The bright blue roofs and sparkling water of scenic Santorini, Greece take center stage in this romantic adventure, allowing for readers to escape to this beautiful paradise and the charming people who populate its shores.
- Romance: LOVE & OLIVES features fantastic chemistry between its two romantic leads that delivers the perfect love-to-hate romance. Its clean storyline is perfect to engage any reader.
- Family themes: LOVE & OLIVES explores dynamic family themes, including a father/daughter relationship, feuding sisters, and a main character who is struggling with her own identity amidst her changing family structure.
- A bookstore to fall in love with: A cozy and rustic bookstore plays a prominent role in this story.
Praise for Jenna Evans Welch
“Difficult to put this book down . . . The reader will love descriptions of her travels . . . All levels of readers well enjoy it.”
– VOYA, Starred Review for Love & Gelato
“Seasoned with luscious descriptions of Renaissance architecture and Italian food, a sure bet for fans of romance fiction and armchair travel.”
– Kirkus Reviews for Love & Gelato
“A skillfully rendered exploration of
heartbreak, friendship, family, and destiny.”
– Kirkus Reviews for Love & Luck
“Welch takes on love, laughs, [and] friendship. . . in a trip through the scenic green hills of Ireland . . . Purchase for all teen romance shelves.”
– School Library Journal for Love & Luck
Jenna Evans Welch was the kind of insatiable child reader who had no choice but to grow up to become a writer. She is the New York Times bestselling author of Love & Gelato, Love & Luck, and Love & Olives. When she isn’t writing girl abroad stories, Jenna can be found chasing her children or making elaborate messes in the kitchen. She lives in Salt Lake City, Utah, with her husband and two young children. Visit her online at JennaEvansWelch.com.