(I’m not sure who made this graphic. I found it in my saved blog photos album from a year or two ago.)
As you’ve probably noticed by now, I’m horrible with doing tags. I love being tagged. I have no idea why it takes me so long except that I feel like I get tagged in a lot all at once and then nothing for awhile.
Here are the four blogs that tagged me for this. I hope you check them out.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules + display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or on your post.
What is the one book you want for Christmas?
Just one? Let Me Hear A Rhyme.
🌺 Which 2020 book are you excited for?
I can’t even narrow this down to 20! I’ll be doing an anticipated post soon though.
🌺 Do you plan your next read or are you a mood reader?
A bit of both. I’m a mood reader, but I do plan out my arcs the best I can.
🌺 What are you Currently Reading?
I’m starting The Blood Countess
🌺 What is your favorite season?
In Illinois? Fall. But early fall (Sept and Oct).
🌺 What’s been your top three favorite books of the year?
My answers may change, but I think I have my top three. Serpent & Dove, Blood Heir, and Swipe Right For Murder
🌺 What is one book that has been on your TBR the longest?
Probably some classic.
🌺 What has been your recent bookish purchase?
I ordered Bring Me Their Hearts and Find Me Their Bones from Target.
🌺 If you were to assemble your own squad choosing bookish characters who would you choose?
I’m so horrible with character names. I like smart, strong characters that make me laugh. Sarcasm is a must.
🌺 Who is your Fictional Boy Friend/Girl Friend? ⠀
🌺 Name a book that has Fire or Lights on the cover?
We Set the Dark on Fire
- Favorite place to read?
- Favorite music?
- Favorite food?
- Favorite city you’ve visited?
- Favorite place you’ve lived?
- Favorite shoes?
- Favorite candle scent?
- Favorite color to wear?
- Favorite time of day?
- Favorite animal?
- Favorite season?
I’m having a hard time getting spaces, so I’ll answer all below.
1. Usually in a hot bubble bath.
2. Pop Punk
3. No real favorite, but I love Mexican food. I can be picky, but I’ll eat most things with chicken or beef (or no meat).
4. San Diego How can I not choose it? I want to move there. I’ve been to some amazing places, but that one has my heart.
5. Definitely not here. Honestly, I haven’t lived further than an hour and a half from where I am now. My hometown will always be special. I loved living with my bff and her then boyfriend (I was 18 and we rented an apartment/duplex). Funny thing is that I was set up on a blind date from my best friend with one of her boyfriend’s best friends. We dated for about 6 months and a lot of my favorite memories include him (he stayed most nights). We were apart for awhile, but we’ve now been married for almost 19 years!
6. Flip flops. I love being somewhere where I can be barefoot or in flip flops. I can only wear the Sketchers ones though. Others hurt my feet too much. I can walk miles (and have) in those.
7. I really like baked goods scents and a lot of fruity ones. I’m not a huge fan of floral or woodsy scents.
8. Probably black or gray since it matches everything. I don’t usually wear anything too bright so that I don’t stand out.
9. Evening into night. I’m a night owl. I don’t like waking up early.
10. Probably dogs, but I love all animals. My boy is laying right next to me by my desk. He moved his bed so it’s touching my chair. How can I not say dog?
11. Living in Illinois my whole life, I have to go with fall. It may be different in another climate though.
- What are your favourite books this year?
- If you could read one genre of books for your entire life, what would you read?
- If you could choose one bookish creature to keep for a pet, who would you choose?
- What is one book on your bookshelf that you would tear to shreds??
- If you are stranded on an island and can only have one book to read for entertainment, which book would you choose?
- What is one memorable (spoiler-free) scene from a novel you’ve recently read?
- Do you like happy endings, sad endings or bittersweet endings?
- Which book has your favourite ending?
- What do you like to do besides reading?
- Do you have a favourite place to write your blog posts?
- Do you have a word that gets on your nerves?
Same thing with this one. Answers are below.
1. Serpent & Dove, Blood Heir, and Swipe Right For Murder
2. As much as I love fantasy, I would have to choose mystery/thrillers.
3. I don’t have one specific animal from a book. But dragons would be cool.
4. None? If I don’t like a book, I sell it or give it away. I’ve wanted to throw some books for cliffhangers though.
5. I have no idea. Have I ever mentioned how bad I am at making decisions? I’m horrible.
6. Probably the end of Bring Me Their Hearts. Even though I read the next one, I keep thinking about how the first book ended.
7. I like happy endings. I’m a sucker for love. But I also like realistic endings. They may be sad and I may cry, but they’re still good.
8. I’m not sure. Probably a contemporary like Alex, Approximately or Going Off Script. Something along those lines.
9. Travel and go to concerts. I don’t have too many hobbies. I was a gecko breeder for years and I still have them, but I’m no longer breeding. They’ll be here until I can sell all of them (and I’ll probably cry for some). I love having adventures. My anxiety makes it hard at times, but I love going new places.
10. I write all mine on a desktop with either music or the tv on in the background.
11. Moist. Panties, too. I don’t know why. I cringe every time I say something like “this cupcake was really moist”. I don’t know what else to call it.
- They say not to judge a book by its cover, but we sometimes do. What is your favorite book cover?
- What real-life award would you like to win? Grammy, Oscar, Nobel, National Book Award, Ig-Nobel…? Anything goes!
- What is the last song you listened to?
- Poof! You have a fairy that will do one specific mundane task for you for the rest of your life so you don’t have to (e.g. laundry, filing taxes, cleaning the bathroom, etc.). What would you like it to take care of for you?
- If you could spend a day with any author, living or dead, who would you choose, and what would you guys do?
- It is a little-known fact that everyone has a tiny horse inside them. Some say that this horse represents…your soul. What does the tiny horse inside of you look like?
- If you had to personify yourself as a shoe, what shoe would you be?
- You have to choose one book that is so fine, it deserves to be dipped in chocolate. What book gets that honor?
- How would you complete the following? “Stop! _____________.”
- If you could swap names with any fictional character, whose name would you want?
- Favorite dipping sauce? (For any food you like–fries, veggies, fruit, chicken nuggets, whatever.)
1. No real favorite, but I tend to love a lot of covers that are shiny and colorful.
2. I’ve never really thought about it. I don’t really have a strong talent for anything. I’d likely be happy (and shocked) to get anything and wouldn’t care what it was.
3. I’m listening to music right now. I just put on the vinyl of Sleep On It’s Overexposed album. Song one which is A New Way Home.
4. Cleaning the bathroom. Dusting would be second.
5. Sylvia Plath. I would just want to talk to her. The Bell Jar and a lot of her poetry really connects with me. Her life was sad, but fascinating at times.
6. This is a super tough question. A lot of love, but a lot of self doubt and anxiety. I don’t know what that looks like as a horse.
7. Flip flops. Easy to wear. Light, but you still feel them there.
8. Besides The Bell Jar, I would say The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.
9. Being so loud. I love loud music, but not loud talking/yelling.
10. Something unique, but easy to pronounce. I’m not sure what that would be. I love a lot of character names, but I’m not sure they work for me.
11. Ranch with just about anything.
I’m not going to tag anyone for this. Thank you so much to the blogs above for tagging me and the questions that really made me think. Is there any answer I gave that surprised any of you? Or am I an open book?