1. Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog.
2. Answer the questions
Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
4. List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post.
- What is your favourite fandom? I have a lot. But probably Harry Potter, Shadowhunters, and The Illuminae Files
- Least favourite genre? Classic Lit or Historical Fiction (though I do like some)
- How many books are on your TBR this month? I have 11 that I need to read (arcs or books for challenges). I usually read 10-15+ per month. My full TBR is huge.
- What is your favourite time of day to read? I like to read at night.
- When are you most creative? Probably mid day to evening.
- Which authors are on your auto-buy list? Way to many to list. A few are Becky Albertalli, Jay Kristoff, Kerri Maniscalco, Kara Thomas, and Adam Silvera.
- If you could recommend a travel destination, where would it be and why? Outside of the US, I would say Aruba. I went last winter and it was so nice there. The people were great and the beaches are really pretty.
- What was your favourite trip ever? One of my San Diego trips. I love going there.
- What’s your favourite review you’ve written? I’m not sure I really have a favorite one. Any of them that were a little bit longer. Some of mine are short or just rambling.
- Who are your top 3 go-to bloggers when you’re looking for recommendations? Any of my TBR and Beyond friends.
- Who would you most like to meet (living or dead; fictional or real)? Why? I’m not sure I can come up with just one person. Probably a musician or author though.
Questions from Thrice Read:
- What is the best part about book blogging? Being able to get my thoughts out and talk with other people who love books.
- What is the worst part about book blogging? Trying to come up with topics for days when I don’t have anything scheduled.
- What is your most anticipated book of the year? Probably Escaping From Houdini or Wildcard. But there are so many that I want to read.
- Name a book you would recommend no matter the reader. My go to recommendation is always The Bell Jar.
- What book has made you the saddest? History Is All You Left Me
- About how many books are on your TBR at the moment? My Goodreads TBR has over 2400 books on it.
- Are you on a book buying ban? If so, when will you start buying again? I should be, but I’m not.
- What is your favorite genre? YA and Adult Thrillers or YA Fantasy
- If you could only have one book for the rest of your life, which would it be? That would be torture. I have no idea.
- Thoughts on Harry Potter? I’m one of those weirdos that hasn’t read the books, but I love the movies so much. I need to find time to read them, too. I love HP and have tons of HP stuff.
- If you could kill a character from a book, who would it be? I’m sure there is someone, but I can’t think of anyone right now. I usually end up liking the villains, too.
- What was the first book you reviewed, and what star rating did you give it? I’m not really sure. I’m sure it was something with 4-5 stars.
- Would you rather DNF a book, or give it a poor star rating? I try my best to finish books that I start. But I have DNF a few. I feel horrible leaving a bad rating, too. But with the DNF books, I usually quit after 50%, so I rate those and write a small review. I try to find something positive to mention because I know others will love a book I didn’t enjoy.
- Where do you primarily acquire your books from? (i.e. specific bookstore, library, Amazon, etc.) Barnes & Noble and Anderson’s Bookshop. I buy from other places, too, but those are the two I buy most from.
- Have you ever/would you ever name a pet after a bookish character? I would definitely name a pet after a book character. I breed leopard geckos and since all of my animal names are horror/sci fi themed, I’ve used some book names for them.
- Is there a song that makes you think of a specific book? Not offhand, but sometimes I hear a song and think about a book that it would fit. I generally forget until I hear it again.
- What was the last book to make your mouth water with its food descriptions? Probably The Way You Make Me Feel.
- What was the last blog you followed? Give them a shout out! I’m not sure. Someone who recently followed me since I follow back other book bloggers.
- Do you like BookTube? If so, who are your 5 favorite BookTubers? I do, but it’s been awhile since I’ve watched many. I usually like all the Epic Reads ones.
- Is there a bookish theme you refuse to read about, or a genre you won’t touch? Not really. I guess I’m not huge into torture porn for movies, so I would try to avoid those books. But I’m usually going to give anything a try. I’m not really triggered by anything.
- Bookish candles: burn them or preserve them? Both. I have certain ones that I just don’t see myself ever lighting, but I do burn some of them. Mostly because I have too many. I use them on my shelves and for pictures when I can.
- What was the last book you hauled? I just picked up Howl’s Moving Castle for $.99 on kindle today. Before that was Heretics Anonymous from Edelweiss which I’m reading right now.
- What is your favorite mythical creature? Mermaids
- Who is your closest confidant? My husband and two best friends.
- Do you prefer to draw or write? I’m not great with either, but I would have to say write.
- Share your favorite childhood memories? I honestly don’t remember much from when I was younger than ten. I did love staying at my grandparents’ house.
- What would you do if you only had one day left to live? Try to spend time with as many people as I can.
- If you could rewrite a book which one would you choose? I would destroy anything, so none.
- What is your favorite dessert? Creme Brulee
- Coffee or tea? Coffee
- What is your favorite candle scent? baked desserts or ocean scents
- If you could bring one person back to life who would it be? my grandparents
- Who is your favorite historical figure? I’m not sure.
I’m not going to tag anyone. I’ve had a lot of these and I’m sure most of you have, too. But if you want to answer any of the questions above, consider yourself tagged! Thank you again to the bloggers above for tagging me for this.