Welcome to my stop on the blog tour for Dive Smack by Demetra Brodsky. This tour is being hosted by Fantastic Flying Book Club.
Release Date: June 19, 2018
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Theo Mackey only remembers one thing for certain about the fire that destroyed his home: he lit the match.
Sure, it was an accident. But the blaze killed his mom and set his dad on a path to self-destruction. Everything else about that fateful night is full of gaping holes in Theo’s mind, for good reason. Maybe it’s better that way. As captain of the Ellis Hollow Diving Team, with straight A’s and solid friends, he’s only one semester away from securing a scholarship, and leaving his past behind.
But when a family history project gets assigned at school, new memories come rushing to the surface, memories that make him question what he really knows about his family, the night of the fire, and if he can trust anyone—including himself.
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32173182-dive-smack
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Dive-Smack-Demetra-Brodsky/dp/0765396955/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dive-smack-demetra-brodsky/1127026415?ean=9780765396952#/
- Book Depository: https://www.bookdepository.com/Dive-Smack-Demetra-Brodsky/9780765396952?ref=grid-view&qid=1528694370407&sr=1-1
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/dive-smack
- IndieBound: https://www.indiebound.org/book/9780765396952
About the Author:
Demetra Brodsky is an award-winning graphic designer & art director turned writer. She has a B.F.A from the Massachusetts College of Art and Design and lives in Southern California with her family of four and two lovable rescue dogs. Dive Smack, her debut novel, is dedicated to Pumpkin, the monarch butterfly she once saved from the brink of death. Once you read the book, you’ll understand why. She is a first generation Greek-American and a member of International Thriller Writers. Dive Smack is a 2018 Junior Library Guild Selection.
- Lucas Till for Theo Mackey – I feel like he has the perfect mix of athletic and kind.
- Dylan O’Brien for Chip Langford – I seriously can’t picture another person more Chip-like.
- Zhenya Katava in this photo is how I picture Iris Fiorello.
- Mads Mikkelson is the actor I’ve always seen as Dr. Phil Maddox while I was writing.
- Finn Harris is my perfect Rocco Bennett.
- Daniel Sherman is my top pick Les Carter.
- Alan Arkin would be amazing as Theo’s Grandfather, Bruce Mackey, ie: GP.
- I don’t know who the girl is in the picture I kept for Amy Sloan. I just remember it was from a haircut link on Pinterest.
- James Brolin would be supremely perfect for Curtis Jacobs.
- Prize: Hardcover copy of DIVE SMACK by Demetra Brodsky & Prize pack of necklace, signed bookmarks, & signed book plate
- picture of this in dropbox
- US Only
- Starts: 6/13
- Ends: 6/26
Follow the Tour: