Welcome to my stop on the blog tour for Tell Me No Lies by Adele Griffin. This tour is being hosted by Fantastic Flying Book Club.
Tell Me No Lies
Publisher: Algonquin Young Readers
Release Date: June 12, 2018
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
A riveting novel about secrecy, complicated friendships, and heartbreak, set against the iconic backdrop of the late 1980s.
Lizzy Swift is a senior in high school, emerging from her nerd chrysalis to become a social butterfly. She starts dating popular Matt Ashley, whom she’s been pining for since freshman year. She’s delighted when rebellious new girl Claire Reynolds introduces her to Center City Philadelphia—clubs, street life, and the eye-opening art scene. As Lizzy begins to question her own long-held dreams, the changes in her life mirror the upheaval of a decade marked by a drug epidemic and the AIDS crisis. She’s no longer sure of her Ivy League ambition. While she has a special connection with Matt, something’s missing. And Claire carries around a mysterious sadness and talks about a breakup so bad she changed schools—but she won’t tell the whole story. Lizzy wants Claire to confide in her, even as she keeps her own embarrassing secrets.
Before too long, the heady thrill of her new life starts to crumble under insecurities and deceptions. When the truth emerges from the wreckage, will it be too late for Lizzy, Claire, and Matt to save their love and friendships?
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35489153-tell-me-no-lies
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1616206764?tag=workmanweb-20
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tell-me-no-lies-adele-griffin/1126942718?ean=9781616206765
- Book Depository: https://www.bookdepository.com/Tell-Me-No-Lies-Adele-Griffin/9781616206765?ref=grid-view&qid=1525937701616&sr=1-1
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/tell-me-no-lies-31
- IndieBound: https://www.indiebound.org/book/9781616206765
- iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/tell-me-no-lies/id1280721640?mt=11
TELL ME NO LIES Blog Tour Playlist
(made by THE FFBC)
- Blue Monday by New Order
- Don’t You Want Me by The Human League
- Where Did Our Love Go? by Soft Cell
- Father Figure by George Michaels
- Never Tear Us Apart by INXS
- It’s a Sin by Pet Shop Boys
- One Thing Leads to Another by The Fixx
- Sowing the Seeds of Love by Tears for Fears
- What Have I Done to Deserve This? by Pet Shop Boys
- Electric Blue by ICEHOUSE
- Lost in Emotion by Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
- U Got the Look by Prince
- Your Love by The Outfield
- Every Little Thing She Does is Magic by The Police
- My Best Friend’s Girl by The Cars
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Adele Griffin is the highly acclaimed author of almost thirty books for Young Adult and middle grade readers.
Her works include the National Book Award Finalists Sons of Liberty and Where I Want to Be, as well as the popular Oodlethunks series for younger readers. The Unfinished Life of Addison Stone was a YALSA Best Book of 2015, an Amazon Best YA Book of the Year, a Booklist Top Ten Arts Books for Youth, a Junior Library Guild selection, a Romantic Times Finalist for Book of the Year, and a School Library Journal Top Fiction pick. Her latest novel Tell Me No Lies is publishing in June 2018 with Algonquin Books.
Adele serves on the Board of Directors of the MacDowell Colony, and is on the advisory board of 826NYC. She lives with her husband, Erich, their two young children, and their dog, Edith, in Brooklyn, New York.
- Prize: 1 copy of TELL ME NO LIES by Adele Griffin (US Only)
- Starts: 6/6
- Ends: 6/19
Blog tour schedule link: http://fantasticflyingbookclub.blogspot.com/2018/05/tour-schedule-tell-me-no-lies-by-adele.html